Company Sees Strong Performance in Year One; Expands Digital Expertise to Position for Future Growth
GENEVA, Switzerland, September 1, 2020 – DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) today celebrates its one-year anniversary as an independent global operations management consulting firm following its separation from DuPont. While more agile and better positioned to deliver innovative solutions to its clients as a one year-old independent company, DSS has a proud history of excellence since its beginning in 1968 that has culminated in its current ability to help clients protect their employees and assets, improve the effectiveness of their operations, innovate more rapidly, and advance the capabilities of their workforce, enabled by digital technologies.
"I am very proud of all that DSS has achieved on behalf of our clients and internally as an independent company during the past year," said Davide Vassallo, Chief Executive Officer of DuPont Sustainable Solutions. "Despite the difficulties presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, DSS has thrived, innovated, successfully solved our clients' challenges and strongly positioned itself to deliver sustainable results for our clients well into the future. I'm excited for what the future holds, and on behalf of DSS' employees around the globe, I would like to thank our clients for being a part of this journey with us during this past year."
During the past year, DSS has achieved:
• Strong Financial Performance and Company Growth. DSS experienced an 8 percent YoY increase in revenues¹ during its first six months of operation as an independent company and increased its total global employees by 7 percent. DSS today has more than 900 employees and subject matter experts located in 38 offices across the globe.
• Strategic Acquisitions to Expand Industry Sector Expertise. During the past year, DSS has recognized mining and metals, food and beverage, and utilities among particularly strong growth sectors and strengthened its capabilities and service offerings accordingly. To enhance its expertise in the resource industry, DSS in February acquired Lodestone Partners, a consulting firm recognized for helping companies to improve their operational performance.
• Customized Client Offerings for COVID-19 Response and Recovery. DSS rapidly developed a suite of solutions to enable business leaders to prevent the community spread of COVID-19 and mitigate its economic impact. DSS quickly offered clients management counsel to help them protect their workforce and reduce the risk of exposure while on the job, effectively manage a remote workforce, improve leadership capabilities and skills, successfully restart operations following a prolonged shut-down, and plan for recovery and future business continuity.
• Enhanced Capabilities in Digital and Analytics for Future Growth. Operations are becoming increasingly digitalized, and DSS invested significantly in developing digital solutions that enable clients to achieve results faster and more efficiently to drive step change improvements in safety and risk management. The range of digital enhancements is comprised of innovative learning technologies to develop key skills to ensure acceptance, integration and correct use of new technology; www.SafetyTech.ai, a platform to select and implement safety technologies that enhance risk awareness and provide better protection for employees; DSS Transform, a SaaS product to digitize your process and procedures, as well as supporting data analysis expertise – all to enable organizations to gain insights needed to accelerate improvements in risk management and operations excellence.
• Repeated Recognition for Its Skills and Client Results. DSS continued to garner recognition for its expertise and capabilities during its first year as an independent company. In October 2019, the independent research firm Verdantix ranked DSS the top EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) consulting firm for brand preference for the third consecutive year. In September 2019, the ALM Vanguard of Asset Performance Management Consulting Providers report by independent research firm ALM Intelligence named DSS a top asset productivity and reliability consulting firm that creates impact for clients across industry sectors. And this past July, DSS was selected to the 2020 Training Industry Top 20™ Online Learning Library Companies Watch List by Training Industry, Inc., the leading research and information resource for corporate learning leaders.
1) For the time period September 2019 – February 2020 vs September 2018 – February 2019.
# # #
About DuPont Sustainable Solutions
DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) is a leading provider of operations management consulting services that enable organizations to protect their employees and assets, realize operational efficiencies, innovate more rapidly and build workforce capability. By leveraging its DuPont heritage, deep industry and business process expertise, and diverse team of expert consultants, DSS helps clients turn operations management into a competitive advantage. Additional information is available at http://bit.ly/about-dss.
DuPont, the DuPont Oval Logo and certain trademarks and service marks that include “DuPont” are owned by affiliates of DuPont de Nemours, Inc. and licensed to DSS for a limited period of time.
Contact: Kelly Carson